SEO for 2023
Process for optimising a current page
- Open Client Worksheet
- Open list of client pages (excel document)
- Get website login details from the tech doc
- Log into website
Optimising the page
- Turn on Grammarly in browser
- Check grammar and spelling with care (Grammarly is not always correct)
- Use Structured Data Markup Make sure it is not already done.
Structured Data Markup:
- Choose the kind of page you are optimising, e.g. article
- Choose ‘article’ for the article type
- Paste the URL to the page in the markup generator
- Add the title of the page to the headline section of the generator
- Add the URL of the image (get the URL by opening the image in a new tab)
- Add the author of the article and choose whether it is a person or an organisation.
- Find the logo of the company from the site.
- Open it in a new tab
- Download the image, and checking the width and height.
- Author type is Organisation
- Upload an image of the logo with the correct proportions
- Add a URL of the logo of the company (get the URL by finding an image of the logo on the site and opening it in a new tab)
- Add the date that the page was published
- Add the date that the page was last modified
If not already done:
- Create a subtitle at the beginning of the content as a Heading 2 (H2)
- Link H2 to the level above
- For example domain.com/blog/article1, the level above would be domain.com/blog
- Add an image above all of the content, and include a link to a relevant page and an alt tag.
- Add new images to align left or right every 200 words
- Update everything every 5 minutes
- View page in mobile app
- Then break up the content into smaller paragraphs of no more than 5 lines on mob view.
- Change Yoast title and meta description
- Add location if the dentist
- Adding images
- Add alt tag
- Add link
If the content needs to be broken up:
- Add a new h3 heading after every third paragraph
- Take the title content from the paragraph below
- Add quotes, bolds, italics, and bullet points to break up the content
- Add a second image with a relevant link and alt tag if the previous image is aligned to the left, make the next one aligned to the right.
- Make sure the end of each page has a lead to another page.
- No links in the first two paragraphs
- Link within each paragraph to a relevant page chosen from the list of existing pages
- or a CTA i.e. Contact us
- External links can be added if relevant ONLY to lower-level content
- Most open in a new page
- Mix up how the links are coded i.e.
- Add links to words within a paragraph
- Bullet points
- H1/2/3 titles
All make sense, contact Transform on 0800 221 220 today.